The shortest day is behind us and it’s full steam ahead to spring! The Colombo will welcome the season of new beginnings by hosting the hugely popular Garden City Mākete in September.
Founded in 2021, The Garden City Mākete is a community-driven marketplace that celebrates the talent of local artisans and fosters a sense of togetherness. Its mission is to connect, explore and support the talented artisans of Ōtautahi.
Stalls have yet to be finalised (applications still open!) but here is a taste of what you will find:
- Handmade ceramics, pottery, woodwork, textiles, candles, soap and other artisanal crafts.
- Handcrafted jewellery.
- Locally designed clothing, accessories, and fashion items.
- Original paintings, drawings, prints, and art pieces.
- Handmade home décor items such as wall hangings, sculptures and furniture.
- Artisanal food products.
- Handmade beauty and skincare products.
- Potted plants, flowers, succulents and gardening accessories.
- Vintage clothing, accessories, antique furniture and collectibles.
- Natural health products, herbal remedies, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystals, and holistic wellness items.
- Handcrafted toys, clothing, nursery décor and unique items for children.
- Handmade pet accessories such as collars, leashes, pet clothing, toys and natural pet care products.
Variety Club is The Garden City Mākete’s charity of choice and you will be able to support the work of the children’s organisation through a gold coin donation.
Pop this one in your diary, it’ll be awesome!
The Garden City Mākete
The Colombo, Sat 16 – Sun 17 Sep, 2023