Kiwis love a sale and any excuse will do, even if it means borrowing someone else’s. In the US, Black Friday refers to the Friday after Thanksgiving, which traditionally marks the start of the Christmas shopping season there.
Here? Yeah, why not! At The Colombo, Santa’s elves and our band of specialist retailers have teamed up to deliver some seasonal savings on Friday 24 November that will help keep you in the black.
- Annah Stretton has an extra 20% off all sale items, 20% off selected new-season stock and 50% off Frida-inspired products. Shop instore or online. Sale ends 27 November.
- Dimples has kicked off its sale already. Up to 60% off selected items while stock lasts.
- Hills Boutique has 30% off full price storewide, including on its new summer range of Devotion and Pulse. Sale ends 28 December.
- Repertoire has 30% off almost everything just for Black Friday.
- French Country Collections Outlet has 30% off candles, sticks and holders and also votives, and 15% off everything else.
- Smiths City has 10 – 50% off its already low outlet prices as well as big savings while stocks last on a selection of appliances.
- Rustic & More will have 10% off all kilims and Coopers & Co 10% off their Icelandic Highland sheepskins just for Black Friday.
- Headspace has 20% off all GHD styling products. Sale ends 30 November.
- Nordic Chill has up to 50% off storewide, including 40% off all Fabelab products and up to 40% off Nordic Chill and Klippan woollen throws. Sales starts Friday.
- Vivo has 20% off retail price for all products excluding GHD.
- Collective has up to 50% off selected items until Christmas.
Identity has 10% off if you buy one item and 20% off if you buy two or more. Two-day sale starts on Thursday.
Trade Aid will give Black Friday a miss again this year, saying they prefer to promote their makers ahead of promoting mass consumerism.